Yoga and 5-MeO-DMT: Complementary Paths to Samadhi
Join Yogi and medicine man Joël Brierre on a journey through the depths of consciousness. He will discuss how the 5-MeO-DMT experience relates to Samadhi or enlightenment and what this means for the everyday householder. Joël will share wisdom from the ancient Vedic scriptures that can help prepare the body and mind for this experience, as well as yogic techniques to assist in grounding the experience into your daily life.
By the end of this talk you will be able to:
- Identify how Yoga and the 5-MeO-DMT experience can work together to achieve and integrate profound states of consciousness.
- Achieve a deeper understanding of the 5-MeO-DMT experience.
- Identify the safe use and practices of 5-MeO-DMT, contraindications and possible side effects.
- Identify what to look for in a 5-MeO-DMT facilitator.
- Take home a tool kit of techniques to ground and integrate the 5-MeO-DMT experience and resources for continued education on 5-MeO-DMT
Joël Karamdeep Singh Brierre began his relationship with Entheogens as a teenager in an exploratory manner. Marveling at the chance to explore the unexplored, Joël began training with Curanderos in Peru in 2001 where he further pursued these heightened states of awareness. Eventually shifting his focus into a deep and devoted yoga practice, he began teaching yoga and meditation and soon moved on to India to study in an ashram setting in Rishikesh. From there he traveled all around the world, soaking up knowledge and sharing what he’d learned. He was reintroduced to plant medicine in 2009 while living in the Caribbean and began to incorporate it into his yoga practice. With this combination of knowledge, Joël now leads retreats and workshops around the world on the plant medicine and yoga connection. With over 10 years of teaching and multiple teacher trainings, Joël is certified at 500 ERYT.