An Evening of Life Changing Stories with Sacred Medicine
Three Powerful Perspectives On How You Can Awaken Your Creativity and Authentic Self
UNITY OF SANTA BARBARA (227 E Arrellaga St) | 6:30 - 9:30PM
Yoga and 5-MeO-DMT: Complementary Paths to Samadhi
Join Yogi and medicine man Joël Brierre on a journey through the depths of consciousness. He will discuss how the 5-MeO-DMT experience relates to Samadhi or enlightenment and what this means for the everyday householder. Joël will share wisdom from the ancient Vedic scriptures that can help prepare the body and mind for this experience, as well as yogic techniques to assist in grounding the experience into your daily life.
By the end of this talk you will be able to:
- Identify how Yoga and the 5-MeO-DMT experience can work together to achieve and integrate profound states of consciousness.
- Achieve a deeper understanding of the 5-MeO-DMT experience.
- Identify the safe use and practices of 5-MeO-DMT, contraindications and possible side effects.
- Identify what to look for in a 5-MeO-DMT facilitator.
- Take home a tool kit of techniques to ground and integrate the 5-MeO-DMT experience and resources for continued education on 5-MeO-DMT
Joël Karamdeep Singh Brierre began his relationship with Entheogens as a teenager in an exploratory manner. Marveling at the chance to explore the unexplored, Joël began training with Curanderos in Peru in 2001 where he further pursued these heightened states of awareness. Eventually shifting his focus into a deep and devoted yoga practice, he began teaching yoga and meditation and soon moved on to India to study in an ashram setting in Rishikesh. From there he traveled all around the world, soaking up knowledge and sharing what he’d learned. He was reintroduced to plant medicine in 2009 while living in the Caribbean and began to incorporate it into his yoga practice. With this combination of knowledge, Joël now leads retreats and workshops around the world on the plant medicine and yoga connection. With over 10 years of teaching and multiple teacher trainings, Joël is certified at 500 ERYT.
Music and Entheogens: Pivotal Role in Shamanic, Entheogenic and Therapeutic Practice
It’s now widely accepted that the trauma of our ancestors is stored in our DNA, with myriad scientific studies demonstrating that ancestors of traumatized populations experience greater physical and mental health challenges. there is growing evidence that Ayahuasca can heal trauma embedded into one’s epigenetics, getting to the root of deep and lingering issues often resistant to more traditional therapies. This neuroplasticity engendered by Ayahuasca presents incredible potential for healing individuals and populations burdened with the collective traumas of history.
In this talk, Tony will share how confronting his own ancestral and identity-related trauma resulted in a journey of transformation. He will also discuss the transformations he has witnessed during his 25 years of work in the Ayahuasca space and why the incorporation of music in ceremonial contexts is crucial to this healing process, and this talk will present both his evidence for this assumption along with the music he will play live.
By the end of this talk you will be able to:
- Identify how epigenetically speaking everyone has deep wounding that are often resistant to traditional therapy.
- Identify how and why Ayahuasca is uniquely “designed” to get at the root of these ancient wounds and heal them, often permanently.
- Identify how live ceremonial music can greatly enhance Ayahuasca’s healing potential.
- Listen to a live presentation of music used during Ayahuasca ceremonies.
Tony Moss is a visual and recording artist, event producer, and founder of I.AM.LIFE, a non-profit event production project focused on inter-connectivity.
His work is a synthesis of passions in art, spirituality & science, with emphasis on the evolution of human consciousness and potential.
He’s been called a “mystic rationalist”, one who marvels at the very presence of our being.
Psychedelics for Passion and Purpose
This presentation explores how psychedelics can reveal our soul’s innermost purpose. It is based on entheogenic experiences that were seminal in helping speaker Jerry B. Brown, Ph.D. find a passionate calling; in giving him the courage to choose love over fear; and in providing the catalyst for transcending a deep depression.
By the end of this talk you will:
- Understand why “passion and purpose” are a key to “happiness”.
- See how synchronicities combined with psychedelic experience can reveal what psychologist James Hillman calls the “soul’s code.”
- Appreciate how ego death and rebirth can play a seminal role in personal growth and transformation.
- Recognize the importance of legalizing psychedelics for personal growth, creativity and spirituality.
Jerry B. Brown, Ph.D., is an anthropologist and activist. From 1972 to 2014, he served as founding professor of anthropology at Florida International University, where he designed and taught a course on “Hallucinogens and Culture.” He is coauthor with Julie M. Brown of The Psychedelic Gospels: The Secret History of Hallucinogens in Christianity (2016). He is also coauthor of “Sacred Plants and the Gnostic Church,” Journal of Ancient History (2014) and of the forthcoming “Entheogens in Christian Art: Wasson, Allegro and the Psychedelic Gospels” Journal of Psychedelic Studies (2019).
5:30 – 6:25pm: Registration / Check-in
6:25 – 6:30pm: Opening Remarks
6:30 – 7:00pm: Joel Brierre (TALK)
7:00 – 8:00pm: Tony Moss (TALK & MUSICAL PERFORMANCE)
8:00 – 8:15pm: Break / Networking
8:15 – 8:35pm: Jerry B. Brown Ph.D. (TALK)
8:35 – 9:00pm: Panel Discussion / Q&A
9:00 – 9:30pm: Networking / Book Signing
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This community is being designed as a secure space. It is not a place to seek, encourage, or participate in the procurement of controlled substances. Do not bring, buy, sell, transfer, or arrive on any illegal substances, or swap information on how to buy them. Members who violate these basic house rules will be removed from the community and will not be allowed to attend future events.