Integration is a powerful tool used to take lessons and insights discovered during an altered state and make them actionable and permanent. Talking to an Integration Coach or sharing at an Integration Circle is one of the most powerful ways of integrating an experience. However, in the beginning stages of integration an experience may still seem too large to put into cohesive thoughts. Here are some alternative ways of starting the integration process:
1. Draw or paint a picture that expresses your insights.
2. Journal about your altered state experience.
3. Write a poem reflecting your emotions.
4. Create a dance that interprets the journey you had.
5. Write a fictional story about a character who has an experience similar to your own
6. Craft a piece of jewelry to remind you of experience.
7. Listen to some of the music played during your alter state, notice the emotions that arise.
8. Make a collage that represents your entheogenic experience.
9. Take selfies representing your emotional journey of recovery.
10. Describe your journey as a comic strip or story board.
11. Create a playlist to represent your life post altered state.
12. Spend some time in nature reflecting on your journey.
13. Write a song to capture your transpersonal experience.
14. Take a yoga class and set your intention to be integration.
15. Listen to recordings taken by your sitter.
16. Redecorate or feng shui your space.
Integrating through action allows an experience to take on a physical representation. This representation can be an entry point for deeper integration. These manifestations of your altered state can act as a bridge to sharing your journey with loved ones, peer support groups, and integration coaches.